One of the best Long Weekends ever – Spring Break
What we learned this weekend – This weekend we have taken a couple of trips to the beach. It being Spring Break and living in Florida always represents and adjustment for us. The natural reaction is to race out the door and get to the beach as quick as possible. Often times we forget things as we did this weekend. So here are a few things to help you this week with spring break and multiple trips to the beach possibly in your plans.
If you are currently on any of the Florida beaches always remember to plan ahead as with any beach trip. These are a few of the essentials you will need –
– Water to stay hydrated
– Sunblock – nothing ruins a trip quicker than a major sunburn or sun poisoning for some
– a comfy chair or towel to sit and sunbathe or just people watch
– a good pair of polarized sunglasses. We recommend polarized because they will allow you to see under the surface of the water better so you can be careful not to step on anything.
– A hat if you happen to still get too much sun on your face
– Something to carry sea shells in – free souvenirs are always welcome
– an extra bathing suit or two. 1 week and 1 suit may not be enough for most.
a snack. If you are going to a remote beach or even a beach where there is food it’s always nicer to have something on hand.
– Music and headphones. iPod, iPhone, iPad whatever you choose it’s good to also have headphones or a bluetooth speaker of some kind.
– An umbrella – you can find these for as little as $5 at some beach shops & They offer great shade if you need a break
a camera – again iPhone or good portable camera…..you never know what you will see on the beach.
– baggies – I know your first reaction is “What?” but they are the cheapest waterproof protection you can get.
some kind of Aloe or analgesic spray because no matter how much you put on sun block it seems some people always get a sunburn…that someone could be you.
– Advil……incase the above suggestion just doesn’t cut it.
– A good pair of rubber flip flops. If you can trow them in a washing machine or wash them in the shower like Olukai sandals http://www.olukai.com/ProductPurchase.aspx then that is a bonus.
– A laid back attitude and readiness to relax. Now sit back and have fun. You are prepaired for everything you need for the beach.